Thread: Deed is done!
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2016, 11:53

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by y cymro View Post
No, it's not. We're discussing wheel poke to ensure wheelarch clearance, and the necessary dimensions are total wheel width (not the J dimension) and the wheel offset.
The back face dimension is required to ascertain whether there's sufficient clearance from the inner rim to suspension components and bodyshell when on lock. Knowing the wheel width and ET dimension it's easy to calculate the backface dimension.

Which is the point made above by WCA, Smash and Mr T, and is why Richard has commissioned special lower offset spline adapters. But even so, you're going to need extended arches or a narrow rear hub conversion of you want to fit wheels with a large offset.
I'm sticking to my guns on this. Its the way I have always worked out wheel fitment , it can be calculated both ways .
You can only go so far with the hub adaptors. You have to look at other options if that still isn't enough.
It wouldn't be too difficult to narrow the axle on the Z3. The mounting points for the rear arm could be moved in an inch or two. Along with a short drive shaft you could easily fit the 6" Cobra 289 wires.