Thread: handles
View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:06

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
I went for the 365 ones as there were the cheapest!! £51 handles £75 embellishers but vat and carriage to add total £312.
I looked at the item you listed (ebay usa) and according to him they were all the same handle, but just varied in the hole position. As This didn't matter to me the cheapest were fine.One is near mint and looks brand new, it even has the plastic screw inserts-the other is tarnished and wants rechroming. I may get it chromed or possibly return this one and buy a new one (another 55 quid!!).
Eurospares list a handle for the Ferrari 512BB at £62 (20261400), I don't know if it's the same, it's supposed to have superseded the 206GT Dino one. The 512BB does not appear to have the embellishers and I cant see the handle on any interior pictures so it must be concealed.
I suspect that at the price it will not have the bracket.

Quote:
The only problem is the embellishers. They have come painted in a tough black crackle finish!! They seem to be stamped from aluminium so I'll talk with them on monday, but this may explain why these were 75 quid as opposed to the dino ones at 175 quid!!
ian
That's a shame, I was leaning towards a tan interior in my car and black embellishers would not be suitable.

Quote:
hi

I forgot to say that although the handles are the same both sides the brackets are handed-LH/RH.I didn't know this but they sent me a pair. They have different part numbers.
I would make my own brackets so I'm only interested in the handles and the embellishers.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with Eurospares when you talk to them on monday.
Good Luck
Neil