View Single Post
Old 20th December 2015, 07:42

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

It's okay, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I'm just struggling to understand what's meant by the original Spyder having a 'nose-heavy' profile and the new one being a vast improvement. The new version has potential, I agree, but it still needs work, especially removal of or modification to the too tall head fairing.

I also can't think of a longitudinally mounted front engined car with anything bigger than a four pot under the bonnet that isn't nose heavy. Above are examples of Ferrari's 250GT, Maserati's 300S, a '57 Chevy, Big Healey and, possibly the most nose-heavy of all, an E-Type, a car Enzo Ferrari said was the most beautiful car he'd ever seen (and I'm still saving up for an Eagle Speedster...)

So, far from touching a nerve, all I'm asking for is a contribution to the debate that explains the difference between the nose-heavy Sammio Spyder and the (nose-light? Tail-heavy?) new version, perhaps with some pictures to back up the point.

Anyway,I've got seats booked for me and my teenage son to see the new Star Wars movie this morning, and it's looking like it's going to be a dry day so we'll take the Spyder. After all, I haven't driven it since, erm... yesterday. I do love it though, snout 'n' all.