View Single Post
Old 12th March 2016, 06:18

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Just a flying visit…
I'll be heading back to the dentist later today more root canal work.

I've also been very busy at work, as I'm reaching the closing stages of my current project.

But this does mean I will soon have a better idea of the time available for car work before the next project starts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Car Noob - I must try harder to see this engine in action next time it is heading to London.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jones - Thanks for the link.

Believe it, or not, but I actually read it last night and have just posted a reply on Car Photographer's thread.

In between the recent 'flaming' in the Tribute section there was also these useful painting tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
… Dampness is also an enemy of paint work, micro blister in paint is 99 times out of 100 due to moisture either in the air during priming, Primer being left too long before paint being applied,( primer is porous) or moisture in the air line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
… Personally I would never advise driving a car in primer of any sort for any length of time. more so at this time of year, I have seen so many paint jobs ruined because of this…
So apart from using primer outside in less than ideal weather, leaving parts of my car in primer for years and planning to get it MOT'd like that, I should be fine.

Jokes aside, these days I'm very tempted to aim for a rough paint finish right from the start.

This month's 'Classic & Sports Car' features a 1937 Wolseley that is on the road in 'barn find' condition.
( Although I can't find a better photo of it on line. )

I also remember Mister Towed posting this photo from Goodwood.

[

And I've always said I'd like my car to be good enough for Goodwood.

Cheers, Paul.