View Single Post
Old 8th September 2016, 18:57

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Really looking forward to seeing your car this weekend......OH ...AND YOU ...
Ha ha, see you at the Revival Gary, it'll be nice to catch up again.

Made it to my B&B in Rowlands Castle in good time today - about three and a half hours to cover the 175 miles from Norfolk including a couple of stops to stretch my legs.

The changes I've made to my Spyder's suspension since the last time I came to Goodwood (2014) - adjustable front shocks with 1" extra front ride height, 180lb front springs, a bit more toe out on the front wheels and higher tyre pressures - have made it feel far more agile and confidence inspiring than ever before.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't ever 'bad' but it was so stable it didn't feel as if it wanted to change direction, so it felt like I was having to force it to do what I wanted it to. Now it turns in very crisply and it's just a case of guiding it where you want it to go.

The 'new' carbs and higher tyre pressures also meant that I got 32mpg into the bargain, which is about 10mpg better than it's ever managed on a long run before, a 30% improvement! I've also finally fitted a working tachometer, a reconditioned classic Smiths 6cyl electric one, so it was nice to see that my motor's turning just over 3,000 revs at a genuine 70mph.

Early start in the morning and I'll maybe post some pictures tomorrow evening. I have a paddock pass this time so should be able to get some good shots of the cars up close.