View Single Post
Old 18th October 2016, 21:47

aofb is on a distinguished road

Sorry I'm being crap on the updates - not finding much time to go play with the MX at present.

ANYWAY...I've so far burnt around 15 hours on precursory work up front removing the alternator (which had seized) - whoever decided to tap a forward flange of a reverse bolted connection, then use an steel bolt [ally flange] needs shooting. Had to air chisel it off after rounding the lower bolt.

The biggest tale of woe so far is the undertray bolts, all of which are being slowly drilled out and replaced with nutserts. Slow job as I've only just realised my drill bits are rather blunt! With any luck they'll be out over the weekend and I can get the rear electrics sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 306craig View Post
I know the front end was just placed on in the pictures. Did it come with the inner wing extenders? 2 x pices of GRP about 8 inches wide and 2.5 feet long?
Yep, they're there....I've just been waylaid regards getting them installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 306craig
Fit front end and drill, rivet and bolt on. DO NOT use adhesive, apparently this is very relevant on the MK1 as should you need to change the windscreen you have to remove the front end (maybe some of the MK1 builders could shed some more light).
Looks that way yes, unless you cut the front end back to the scuttle line (I'm toying with this idea atm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 306craig
I riveted / bolted across the bulkhead, inner wings and slam panel, I will send some pics if you PM me your email?
That would be very well appreciated. Will do.