View Single Post
Old 13th December 2013, 18:05

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Bit of an update, unfortunately my Lupus is flairing so moving around is an issue so didint get as much done today as i had hoped.
1. The banjo bolt and union for fuel tank outlet arrived but when i test fitted it it bound up on the recessed taper inside the fitting before nipping up tight so a little surgery was required.

Only needed about 3mm removing then it nipped up nice and tight so finished swapping it out. Apologies for the lousy photo.

2. Had another look at the loom kit, the only issue i could find was that the 2 flasher units wouldnt sit down flush and were very prone to falling out.

Closer examination revealed both the problem and the solution, 2 minutes careful dremelling and voila, below is a before and after shot of the mod required.

After trimming the units both now seat much better

Am much happier now as at one stage i was considering having to cable tie them in which felt much too like a bodge.

Apart from an hour burning rubbish that was it today. Am back at it tomorrow and armed with industrial pain killers and Dave's help hopefully we will have more progress to report.

TTFN

Mac