View Single Post
Old 28th April 2017, 14:22

IanA is on a distinguished road
Default Some wheely bad news and some wheely good news

As circumstances contrive, when you have a few cars, to make some unavailable at the same time I had to ferry herself to work on 3 days this week in the Z300S.
The wist-wist-wist from the NSR that I was hoping was a dragging disc pad got louder. I had a close look at the wire wheel and it was obvious that the inner row of spokes was not happy with rust streaks emanating from the holes in the hub.
So I looked on eBay yesterday morning- there was a single wheel, super condition, as-new tyre of the right size and correct speed rating finishing in 4 hours. My snipe won it and I collected it last evening.
Cleaned the dust off it this morning, a quick coat of wheel silver paint- job done.
The existing wheel was a b@st@rd to get off. I would have said that I'd coated the surfaces with copper grease before fitting- obviously not enough as the splines were dry- where the Plus-Gas hadn't reached anyway. Be warned...

To you- £35.

Oh yes, the exhaust baffle made a bid for freedom during our commuting so I made a new bracket for that as well.