View Single Post
Old 19th August 2017, 21:32

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road
Default New to the forum-Getting ready for a 250swb!

Hi all, firstly want to say thanks and what a great set of threads this is for any wannabe/budding builder of a conversion kit such as the Tribute 250.
Have learnt a lot in such a short time that will hopefully see me right.

Just for info I am in New Zealand so unless you are moving the BBQ to a satellite location soon we won't easily get to meet!. My previous kit experience was a DAX Rush (pinto powered) about 15 years ago. Anyway enough about me. Look forward to trading ideas/tips and contacts with you guys, hopefully I can alleviate a lot of potential mistakes before they occur! Will definitely start a build thread when able to secure a car and a kit.

1st quick questions for me are:

1. First love is the coupe, but with harsh nz weather (I.e UV etc) I am thinking of fibreglass being put under a bit of strain and stress through to roof area etc. so am thinking to start with a California with original roof/glass etc. if after a few years of that I am assuming it is possible to get a new back end kit and roll cage and do the coupe if desired....thoughts?

2. Engine options are tying me in knots between the 2.8 and the 3.0. I am looking for sensible usable power not neck snapping. Major desire is the sound coming from the custom pipe set up will match the look of the car. I am assuming this will happen with either engine based on sensible pipe setup that can handle all activity, including "MOT" activity. Based on NZ availability the 2.8 and 3.0 are both options but the 28 at a better price point. I am currently looking at a dual vanos motor and thinking that minor mods eventually, good custom pipes and make be some intake work might be a good way to go.

Enough from me to start, cheers for ya time!
Available from eBay