View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 17:33

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Last Chance Saloon:
I spent the morning taking my eldest daughter to her first university open day.
( Well, technically, she went around with my wife as, obviously, I am too embarrassing to be seen with. )

However, jokes aside, this does signal the beginning of the end for the time I have available to finishing painting the car.

So the car is going back on the road one way, or the other, in the next couple of weeks.

If the paint is a mess then I will just have to live with it until I get another chance to fix it, which may be late 2018!

The good news is that there wasn't a single wrinkle on the bonnet.

So that got a second coat of high build primer in an attempt to even up the paint thickness.

It also got some more patches of BRG, again to build up some of the areas that had major cracking.

Note: You can also see where I added an extra layer of BRG along the rear edge of the bonnet.
( As I figured that is going to be a high wear area. )

There was just one small wrinkle on the boot lid, where I know I went back and added some extra paint.

So that also got a mixture of primer and BRG.

I started off in one corner of the body shell...

As it really looked and felt like it was going to rain any minute.

Eventually, I had sanded down all the wrinkles and a few other rough spots as well.

However, I am going to wait for the morning before attempting to add the next layer of BRG.
( When it will be both cooler and leave me longer with the covers off for the paint to dry. )

I then put some dust sheets under the tonneau "feet" to stop the foam sticking to the paint.

All I need now is a bit of luck with the weather / paint so that I can end tomorrow with everything painted and no wrinkles to be seen.

Until then, take care, Paul.