View Single Post
Old 9th October 2015, 18:04

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Bonus Day:
I've actually been feeling rough all week, so no real progress on all the "non car" stuff I'm meant to be doing.

I actually felt pretty good today, so decided to spend some time outside in the fresh air to aid my recovery.

I'd been re-reading how Mister Towed bonded/fibreglassed his body shell into place before adding the plywood panels.

This reminded me that it would be a good idea to treat all the plywood I have while the weather forecast was for a dry day.
( I actually bought a lot more plywood than I will need, but I might as well do it now all while I'm at it. )

Unfortunately, there was a lot of drew on the lawn first thing this morning.

So I laid out some dust sheets on various other bits of "dry land" around the garden and patio.

I gave the plywood two coats of the same paint/preservative that I used on some of our fence panels, which should help to protect it.

By the time I could turn the panels over and do the other side, the grass was dry enough to use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In between the coats of paint on the plywood I also sneaked in a bit of painting on the body shell too.

Masked off the area around the boot lid rain channel.

Then painted the sunny side black.

I'll do the underside of this when the body shell is back off again.

The only other thing I did today was have another look at how I might line up the rear end of the car.

Before making a cardboard template for a simple level to sit between the exhaust pipes.

As it currently stands, the driver's side needs to come up a bit and the passenger side needs to drop a bit.
( Although I will re-check that the pipes are level next time the body shell is off, just to be sure. )

Unfortunately, when I tried to cut this shape out of some plywood, my jigsaw completely packed up.

The plywood is now stacked in the Summer House so it can fully dry overnight.

Unfortunately, it now looks like I'm trying to build a wood panelled library, rather than a cockpit interior!

Or perhaps I should swap my car seats for something more appropriate.

Until next time, take care, Paul.