Thread: Wardy's A352
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2017, 08:08

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy50 View Post
Good afternoon all,
So an update since the last post, seems painfully slow but progress all the same.
Body repairs complete for now including new inner and outer sills and strengthening plates (strengthening plates all but gone).
New lower A & B posts on both sides (originals had vanished to the same place as the sills).
Complete new floor pans both sides.
Heelboard repairs particularly around the trailing arm support sections.
Boot floor repairs to retained section.
Both bulkheads repaired with new lower sections, battery box and master cylinder 'shelf'.
Body treated with rustcure, then primed and then waxoyled and undersealed.
Left the rear inner arch repairs at the moment as I'm not sure until the bodies on how much is retained.

Body now propped up at the back of the garage and the chassis is being stripped down as we speak.
Six cylinder sourced and over to engine builders (car SOS's guys) for start early in November (I hope).
Ford type 9 gearbox sourced and built with longer first gear.
Conversion kit for the gearbox sourced and ready with uprated clutch and reduced propshaft.
Necessary other bits for the engine conversion of GT6 front turrets and mounts, GT6 alloy bellhousing c/w clutch fork / bearing and GT6 cut away sump all sourced.
New Gaz front and rear adjustable dampers on the way - fronts height adjustable.
On the lookout for triple 40 webers and six cylinder inlet manifold if anyone has any leads on that.
Pictures of the chassis progress to follow if I haven't died from rust inhalation by then or bored everyone to death with this post!!
Cheers
Steve.
Not Tim, I hope.