Thread: Stoneliegh 2011
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 08:25

denniswpearce is on a distinguished road

Don,t think you would want to se my pics Peter. I was there for the first time this year on the Sunday and its my first view of any Marlin other than my own Sportster. So my pics are all related to how other Sportsters are put together and the different methods employed for what is supposed to be the same car. Each car is unique I discovered. Had many interesting conversations with primarily Sportster owners.
One of my intentions was to source some wheel bolts for my 18 ins wheels, which was a saga you are all aware of from my previous thread. I ended up buying two different tools to do the job, but in the end sought the help of my friendly local garage who took three hours to achieve the removal of the bolts. Unfortunately the manufacturer of the wheels ceased making them three years ago along with the wheel bolts, slimline tapered tuner bolts ( I know enough about wheel bolts now to set up my own factory ). Well, there were none at the show, but one guy said he could probably source some if I called him later in the week. However, I eventually did find some on the net and am now sorted ( also have a couple of spares ). Thanks for everyones help for this problem.
I also looked at the perenial mudguard problem and other peoples solutions, I need to get some new stays as mine are the tubular type and not the solid stays otherwise they will fracture one day.

But I had a great day at the show and realised we are outnumbered in the Marlin stakes by the Cabrio's, the Roadsters and the Berlinetta's.

Glad I did not go for a sevenesque type car, ten a penny.

Dennis