View Single Post
Old 16th December 2016, 13:37

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Displacement Activity

To alleviate the trauma of my miserable MOT failure, I decided to indulge in a little of the above .

First I re-fitted my reproduction D-Type steering wheel. I had the smaller one on for the test as the former makes access tricky for anyone with a pie-focussed diet, not realising that it'd be me sitting in.

Then I tackled fitting my Europa Spares convex aluminium racing mirror. After a bit of trial positioning with it fixed to stout card folded over the side perspex, I cautiously drilled the two 6mm mounting holes and bolted it on with the ugly hex-headed M6s supplied. I'll replace these with slot heads at a later date.

Due to the confines of the cockpit it was difficult to get a picture of the driver's view - I've added the best one which has only half an elbow in it! I have to say I'm pleased with the field of vision it provides.

Until the MIG returns and my new brake bits arrive I'll just have to keep watching and listening to this. As it sold for £3.5 million I calculate that mine owes me 0.157% of that. Three cheers for Chris & Dan!

Regards, Mick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0046.jpg (79.4 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0045.jpg (68.4 KB, 115 views)