View Single Post
Old 7th June 2017, 18:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wednesday - Part 2:
I'd like to use just the smaller of the two washers, but think it would be safer to spread the load more.

There is an extra large spacer/washer on the underside too.

Then I did the same thing again for the passenger side.

This is both locks in the 'Open' position.

Then I spent ages messing about with bonnet lip seals trying to get the best fit.

This lead me to mark up sections of the bonnet and the bonnet lip for trimming.

Note: The bonnet lip will be getting a skim of filler at some point to 'fill in' the rough patches.

I ended up with a few of the spots like these after I'd tickled them with my angle grinder.

I also had to trim a bit off the bonnet lip to make sure the fixing nut for the locks cleared nicely.

The good news is that it looks as though I will be able to make these locks work.

I should point out that all day the wind had been playing havoc with my sanding/grindings/drilling.

As it blew dust all over my neighbour's house and garden before I had a chance to sweep it up.

So to make up for the mess I was making, I took a break from car work to trim the grass verge in front on both of our houses.

I forgot to take a 'Before' photo, but the next pair of houses along will give you some idea.

This was bloody hard work and I was completely knackered at the end of it.

So I made sanding down the boot lid (for the second time) my last job before packing up for the night.

Overall, a very productive day, as getting the rear light plinths sorted out, together with the bonnet locks, was a big step forward.

So until next time, take care, Paul.