View Single Post
Old 27th April 2019, 07:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dpaz - These cars really do come into their own in warm sunny weather.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Spring Cleaning - Part 1
The follow posts have nothing to do with my car, but they do remind me why I am not driving it more often.

Behind the Summerhouse:
This area has now gone from this.

To this.

And yes, I do know the fence panels and Summerhouse need painting.

A big step forward in this area was my decision to dump what remained of my Cordite framework.
( Having already cannibalised some of the box section earlier in my build. )

The harsh reality was that, in some places, this framework has rust appearing both inside and out.
( As it has been left outside under leaky tarpaulins for years. )

Thankfully, I've still got some fresh/unused lengths of box section inside the Summerhouse.
( Which I hope will be enough to help me build an inner wheel arch structure at some point. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Old Shed
Whilst this didn't look too bad on the outside.

It was rotting away in places.

Which had left it 'listing' to starboard.

It took a lot of work to fully clear the shed, with extra jobs including dismantling my small storage unit.

As it was too big to bring out of the door and I didn't want to risk damaging it by dismantling the shed with it inside.

The dismantled shed in the garden.

After attacking it with my jigsaw, it was then carried through the house to the driveway.

After a bit more work with the jigsaw, I was able to divide this pile into two car loads for the dump.
( Which charged just over £40 in total to take it, which was miles cheaper than hiring a small skip. )

End of Part 1…