View Single Post
Old 9th October 2018, 07:41

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Pedal Box Progress

My 3mm steel plate having been left on my doorstep whilst I was out , I was able to crack on yesterday. Before cutting any metal, I made a template of the curvature of the body to ensure a snug fit of the mounting. I used cardboard on the outside and transferred the profile to another piece of pizza carton which, when offered up in the footwell, was acceptable.

Examining the ally mounting plate revealed that it would be severely weakened once the vertical element (which I'm replacing with the steel) was removed. I cut off a strip, bent it into an angle, rivetted it on, and disced off the redundant section.

Using the template and the above section I marked, jigsawed and drilled the new plate with the mounting holes centralised.

A little dressing with the rat tailed file and the footwell side of the steel sandwich mounting was temporarily bolted to the pedals.

My fillings having nearly been shaken out whilst using the jigsaw, I decided to quit while I was ahead and leave the second plate for another day.

Regards, Mick