View Single Post
Old 24th July 2017, 08:44

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Speedway motors polished gas cap 4-5/8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedway-Mot...BVvLj4&vxp=mtr

This is a lot larger and cheaper than anything else I could find, it also looks perfect.f1 by jaguartvr, on Flickr

To fit it I cut the mounting panel in half to enlarge it and then in half again.cap2 by jaguartvr, on Flickr

Here is a picture of it mounted with the rear clam off.fuel7 by jaguartvr, on Flickr
I did find that using the concertina effect fuel filler pipe from CBS restricted the fule flow so I bought 500mm of straight pipe designed for a boat. Fits perfectly and the fuel flow is much better, you still have to fill up with the trigger pulled half way but if you look at the picture on Smash's thread youl will see it is much better.

I used rivnuts to provide tapped holes to mount the flange as getting nuts on the mounting screws was just about impossible. Don't forget to provide a drainage hole otherwise it will fill up with water.
cap4 by jaguartvr, on Flickr
I don't really want anyone fitting the 4-5/8ths filler cap, at the moment I can comfortably say I have the biggest on the forum and would like to keep it that way!

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 24th July 2017 at 08:54..