View Single Post
Old 13th September 2022, 17:24

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul, yes I'd noticed that my boot floor had been replaced with some square steel tube, good news really as it's been welded together really securely and pretty much matches what I made myself.

It's good to see a picture of your 'Moon Rover' as it's given me a few ideas. Did you do away with the outer sills completely? It looks like you just have a steel box section tube where the curved sill should be. Cutting mine out and welding in something similar to what you have would make it much easier to mount the body.

I will be going with Triumph pedals - one of my reasons for having to rethink the floors/bulkheads was that my floor mounted pedal box was going to be too close to the driver to use due to the length of the master cylinders. They do pedal boxes with them facing the other way but they're much more expensive and harder to install.

I'm at Goodwood on Friday and Saturday and it'd be great to catch up. Do you still have my number? If not, let me know and I'll pm it to you. I'm afraid I lost yours when I threw my phone onto a concrete floor at a car show - it wasn't in a fit of pique, it slipped as I took it out of my pocket to take a picture and in trying to catch it I ended up propelling it into the concrete like it had come out of one of those Spanish Pelota ball scoop things.

Old No.7 A6GCS doesn't have much presence on the forum or otherwise online but they do seem to be selling a few, particularly overseas. Most of what there is is on facebook, but it takes some searching - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...88463654802306

Anyway, hopefully see you at Goodwood