View Single Post
Old 11th June 2019, 07:36

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Light at the end of the tunnel......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
if only the bodywork were back from spray dude.....
Yesterday, after a seemingly interminable 12 weeks (during which, co-incidently, I've been on the wagon), I went to check on progress, having 'phoned a week ago and received a slightly indeterminate reply. My baby was sitting on trestles, prepped and primed for top coat back to the cockpit, as were the wings and bonnet . Spray dude said she'd be done by Saturday week, which was good to hear.

I'll now launch a pre-emptive strike before you-know-who asks why I haven't mercilessly harassed my sub-contractor to get the job done in short order. The reason is two fold: Firstly, spraying kit car bodies isn't his and his co-worker's meat and drink, it's more in the way of a gardening job to fill in between their real jobs. Secondly, his charges are extremely reasonable, and putting his back up with repeat progress enquiries would be counter-productive for my pensioner's wallet.

I'll post some pictures once she's back home: if it's half as good as the A352 I'll be more than delighted.

"Yes, I know I've built a kink into the fin "

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 11th June 2019 at 07:56.. Reason: Substitute sensibly sized photo'.....