View Single Post
Old 17th October 2022, 17:01

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Oh how I laughed…
A few weeks ago, I took the car out to do a number of chores, at a variety of shops.

As I was taking the battery cut off out at one stop, I fumbled and dropped it.

Note – The following photos were taken after the sorry saga had ended.

The cut off key landed in the dropped corner at the edge of the seat.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough room to pick it up cleanly, so I had to carefully balance it on my fingertips.

No sooner had I thought, whatever you do, don’t push it under the seat, or you’ll never get it back…

Obviously, the key slipped out of my stretched fingers and came to rest, out of reach, under the seat.

I may have turned the air in the ScrewFix car park a rather dark shade of blue.

Took my tool bag out of the boot and started to loosen the allen bolts holding the seat in place.

Now, at one stage I spent literally hours trying to get one seat fitted during the build.
(And that was with the car jacked up to make access easier.)

So, the last thing I wanted to do was accidently unbolt the seat.

Instead, I did this is small stages, but just could not get my (now grazed) fingers in far enough to reach.

Thankfully, I had this flexi-screwdriver…

And I was able to get just enough room to ‘flick’ the key back to the side and remove it.

At which point I could tighten everything up, take the photos and be on my way.

First job when I got home was to make sure the key wouldn’t fit in any hard to reach places again.

Anyway, a couple of photos where I was packed without trauma.

The only other news I have is that my car cover & tarpaulin are clearly leaking.

So, I’ve now got a replacement tarpaulin to cover just the cockpit area.

And I’ll change the car cover in the Spring after the old one has taken the worst of the Winter.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
My headlights are working again.