View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 06:00

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
… wish this one could be put to bed once and for all though…
Dave – My apologies, as it was your previous post on the ericholm thread that prompted me to start this thread.
( In an attempt to prevent the arguments hi-jacking someone else’s build thread and keep the forum a more positive place. )

However, clearly, I have failed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
… Just because someone didn't build a car - or even own one - doesn't mean they don't have an eye for detail (sometimes a lot better than the owner/builders) or the ability to suggest improvements…
Scott – Personally, I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with you on this.

The point I was trying to make is that we shouldn’t confuse how the car could be improved with how good it is to begin with.

In addition, it seems somewhat unfair to apply very high standards to a product that is not priced to achieve those standards.

Call it ‘swooning’ if you must, but I still think Chris and Dan deserve credit for creating a SWB 250 kit for a Z3 from scratch.

Whilst it isn’t perfect, it is still a great starting point to build something special that holds its own compared to the more expensive alternatives.

Bob’s Tribute 250 – A great example - £24k

Mirage 250 – Turnkey price - £120k

Ross Brawn’s 250 – £8m, but it is a real one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
… I'm holding out for the 275 convertible kit, I only hope these same issues are dealt with and not replicated onto the new car.
Lucky – Can I just ask how much you would be willing to pay for a 275 kit with no issues?

Sorry for keeping this debate rumbling on.

Cheers, Paul.