Thread: Spitfires ?
View Single Post
Old 14th April 2012, 12:59

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thank you Paul ....good to meet you yesterday.

As Paul confirms , he has secured no. 7. We have a deposit in now from 4 interested parties and about 5 people waiting to see us at Stoneleigh , so thats good news !

Mould is now completely done and prepped and sealed. We have used it to create Straight Sixer's doors on his Spyder , re waxed her and just gel'd her for the first body.....I need a body to finish the framing off ....hopefully everything moulded and framed , jigged etc by next wednesday....

SO OFFICIALLY I CAN ANNOUNCE I AM TAKING DEPOSITS AND RECEIVING ORDERS ETC.

The website will be updated tomorrow night , but for now , here is some pictures of the completed plug body that the mould was taken from....

We had to deviate from the photoshop rendition a little , she has more of a pout due to the front crossmember issues on a Spitfire chassis , but has a definite 'look' going on.... The top picture shows bonnet mould still fitted but , of more interest , the bottom pic shows the mould sat behind the car giving you a nice ariel view of the new panel..

The Spyder will always be my baby , but I think at the moment the Cordite and its proportions are my favourite....

We are moulding a turquoise-ish colour for Stoneleigh ....dark but not too dark ( similar to a the colour of a '55 Pontiac I once had ) ..pictures to follow...

Last edited by lancelot link; 14th April 2012 at 13:02..