View Single Post
Old 17th April 2012, 17:25

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thanks WCA ....Will do.!

Jennettes 550 is moving forward ....now resides on the development bench whilst I workout gear selectors and exhaust - all fighting for the same space !

My initial plan is to get this version to Exeter as at least a rolling , looking finished concept ....on the road late 2012 or early next year...

If the 'long nose' idea works , I will mould the new bonnet making it another option to be built on a Herald/ Vitesse base , a stock engine could move from being mounted at front of suspension upright to being mounted off the rear , quite easily and the gearbox mount isn't too complicated either ( could probably develop a kit to do this...... ) , the only modification , other than moving bulkhead parts , brakepipes etc back 8'' or so , would be an extended steering column...

I plan to use some original and slightly tarnished parts in my build , not getting too carried away with making her all sh*te and briny ....want the car to look like a survivor ...not a dragged out recently barn find , but a car that looks like it has been around a while and not restored recently

Mike thinks I am nuts but thats what I want , weathered seats , bit of patina etc......

Last edited by lancelot link; 17th April 2012 at 17:27..