View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2017, 00:23

EddAllsop is on a distinguished road
Default Suspension set up advice please?

Hi all,
It has been a long, long time since I've had anything worth posting, but I am finally optimistic that a 6 year build may be coming to the end!!!!!!
I'm trying to put finishing touches to the car in preparation for its IVA.

Car background, I started building just after Steve aka nutter started his. I believe it was the latest edition of the chassis and suspension, and the donor was the seat Leon 1.8T, which I've finally had all the electrical gremlins sorted and tuned to find out its producing 190bhp!!

I'm near taking it to get 4 point wheel alignment and set the camber, ride height etc and I'm after any parameters you can recommend to set it at. The only info I have to go on is from Steve's extensive build diary which. Gives the following settings:

Ride height is unclear- it talks about suspension arms parallel to the ground. I've loaded 50kgs into both seats and set it to 11cms from the ground to the floor pan (based on max legal height speed bumps in the uk of 10cm???)

Front wheel alignment advises from 3mm toe in, to parallel to 3mm toe out; and a camber of 0.5 to 2 degrees negative.

Rear wheel alignment advised at a toe in of 3 to 5mm and a camber of 0.5 to 2 degrees negative again.

Tyre pressures from 10 to 20 psi advising 16psi for single occupancy to 18psi for two people.

Also can anyone give practical advice on how to decide on and then set the brake bias accurately as for the IVA the brake balance bar now has to be welded so it is completely un changeable to avoid tampering!! I believe the Seat engine an 7 speed gear box is a lot heavier than the rover engines so I'm not quite sure where to start with limited ability to test and then tinker!!

Many thanks
Edd

PS I'll try to attach some pics
Available from eBay