View Single Post
Old 16th April 2016, 23:07

TynoPrime is on a distinguished road
Default Just another MX250 build! (Pic heavy!)

Hey guys,

So I've been lurking around the forum for almost two years now, with my eyes solely on one car - the mx250. I've read post by post through every build thread I could find on here, and got many ideas from each one in turn. I bought my donor (1995 eunos) around a year ago now, and have been using it as my daily driver since. As I need it for my daily, I will be "prepping" the kit for, I imagine, a month or two before taking a week off work to hit it in one big go.

So, the reason I haven't bought the kit itself yet, frustratingly, was for a few reasons. The main reason being lack of funds. We are just about to complete on our second house, and as I have been paying out for all the fees for everything thus far, my wife has "allowed" me the money back on completion, meaning I will finally have the money to get the damn thing!

My aim is not to make a ferrari, not by any means. I love the Tribute brand, I think Chris does fantastic work and to be quite frank I think he could be alot more greedy than he is. The kit is fantastically priced, I certainly wouldn't have even been able to THINK about a build if the kit wasn't so attainable-y(?) priced! And I also love Mazda. My RX8 was without doubt some of the most fun I have ever had driving. I love the new sports cars they continue to make, and I love the old ones that just keep giving. The miata being one of them. For that reason I still want it to remain a "Mazda".

So until the house goes through and I can buy the kit, I have started working on the interior! While I want a classic car look on the outside, I don't want to make it look like a "classic" inside exactly, I want a retro, luxury feel. Something with hints of the mazda origin, but still the feel of a car that could be worth £100k.

I welcome all advice, compliments, critiques, etc.

I'll try and document everything as well as possible, but for the most part I only have my iphone with me most of the time, and I'm pretty damn forgetful!

~Tyno
Available from eBay