View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015, 16:33

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wednesday: - A wash out in terms of the weather, and I wasn't feeling that great either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday - Part 1:
Whilst I still wasn't feeling 100%, at least the weather had improved.

I picked some simple tasks that didn't require much physical effort, but even these ended up being time consuming.

Drilled a new hole in the bulkhead to re-attach the P clips for the brake hard lines that came with my donor.
( There was a fixing hole in my original 1500 bulkhead, but not this MkIV one. )

I also drilled some more holes along the bulkhead "shelf" and fitted some new "P" clips for the clutch and brake lines.

The fixing points for the starter solenoid were also wrong on this bulkhead.

So two new holes were drilled and this could be fitted too.

Next was the ignition coil, after I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find the original fixing bolts for it.

I put a rubber mat in the bottom of the battery tray, before fitting the new battery.

I've decided to refit the original Spitfire battery earth cable, until I have got the engine running again.

As this will remove any uncertainty about the new battery cut off switch causing any problems.

So for now, there are three wires earthed at the side of the battery box.

Note:
The two holes in the bulkhead are where the cut off switch cables will be go.

Next the car horns were fitted, starting with the mounting brackets.

Then the horns could be attached to them.

They will both be pointing straight out of the front grille, so should be 'loud and clear'.

Note:
These are new car horns that came with my donor, but hadn't been fitted.

So if I've done something wrong in either where I've fitted these, or how I've fitted them, feel free to let me know.

End of Part 1...