View Single Post
Old 19th August 2012, 18:13

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

It does take all sorts to make the world go round!

As I keep reminding my kids, "it is not what you say, but how you say it"

Micha, I am sure that you and your mate will sort it all out and be happy and confident to post pics for us all to critique in due course, so at the moment, we won't question your ability.

The problem is that you seem to not have a clue what you are talking about, so maybe just pause before you write your posts.

For example, poly bushes are not necessarily the only way to refurbish the chassis. I have used new rubber bushes all round out of choice. Personally I think they give a less harsh ride and since the Spyder is lighter there will be less stress. Mine is not a racer, but a casual fun toy, that hasn't seen over 70mph and that is how I like it. so rubber suits me. If you bought my car, that would at least give you something to have a go at, but completely unjustified.

I put together a full build diary at www.mysammiospyder.co.uk so I can share my thoughts and ideas with like-minded builders.

I did a Herald 13/60 up a few years ago, and it was sold as a "runner" with a MOT, but on closer inspection it was a wreck. I didn't phone up the previous owner, or post anything on the Triumph forums, I just got on and rebuilt it from the ground up.

So what i am trying to say Micha, is that you earn respect from people, not from what you say, but by your actions. Dissappear for a few months, and come back with a jaw-dropping rebuild, that takes what you have got and adds your own style and personality to it. Then we will respect you for what you have done, not what you say you can do.