View Single Post
Old 1st June 2005, 18:41

geoffkirkby is on a distinguished road

Hello again, please access the following link for pics of my SILVERSTONE. http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/album/1460235

The CNC machined manifold shown is a thing of beauty. Two pieces sealed together by individual O rings. This is to allow swift removal of the carbs to get to the jets etc. which are accessed from underneath. When the throttles are fully open and the vacuum slides are raised they are perfect tubes all the way through with no restrictions at all! Throttle bodies on the cheap! Also shown is the shortened injection manifold I made then never used. I should be able to sell this item, probably to Australia or NZ where they use the 3SGE engine like we use Redtops.
Front brakes are AP Racing alloy four pot radial mounts. Ignition ECU is by HYPERPAK in NZ and fires four plug mounted coils. Very sexy!
The yellow wheels are a point of contention. I like them. What do you think?
Have you any experience of AVON ACB10 tyres? I've seen them cheap on the net but I'm not sure about their apparent whitelining characteristics when used on the road. The limited lifespan doesn't worry me.
I'll send you my email address in a PM. I would definately like to come down and see your Silverstone sometime, it would make a nice drive out for myself and my Westie driving friend. I don't know of any other Silverstones. Could we have the last two?