Thread: early exotics
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2014, 13:03

ukhozi is on a distinguished road

Entering my 70th year tomorrow and feeling a bit morose ( so apology's already ) regarding our unique Eagle and Nova kit cars and I guess it applies to many other marques, basically wondering just how serious the owners are about getting the car back on the road as it seems a lot of us are tinkering as a hobby (much like me ]) as and when the mood takes us rather than a balls out effort to get finished, all legal and stuff .

I have recently been, 'advised' on another car forum to "lighten up" about the total loss of yet another two Ford based Eagle SSs, as they are regarded as "ugly" and "disposable plastic shite nobody wants" and if ALL the Nova/SSs disappeared we would just move onto another vehicle to mess about with, a view obviously shared by some incapable people whose efforts from years past who also have lost interest, (ability, space, money, support, etc) and 'binned' their efforts and just quietly slipped away from our forums and shows, sorry, one remaining show .

I know many fall by the drive side for the many reasons and things are certainly not getting any easier, even with an improvement in the economy, (really ) cash is still tight and the cost of a second 'fun car' is not getting any less expensive even with a slight drop in fuel prices and with cars on Ebay going unsold for as little as the cost of it's screen alone rather adds weight to my view, no one wants them. Stirling cars in the USA have stopped producing complete kits for sale and only make parts to order and sales of Malaysian Noreca GTs (at $6,800 per body kit, plus shipping) are "disappointing" according to their sales manager and they have recently only sold a few parts as 'upgrades' to American Stirling's such as headlight pods for quad projectors and one hood.

Should I then be content and accept the fact that of the 30 (of a total over 2,000 cars) or so I know to be in various stages of 'project mode' on our forums maybe as few as three will ever see the light of day ? I know many will jump up and say, "mine will, any day now" , but really, seriously, will it ? So many things getting in the way, family, housing, 'real' cars, money/jobs, etc.
It seems we are loosing completed, road going cars faster than 'new' ones are appearing, Rant over .