View Single Post
Old 17th March 2015, 19:57

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Time for the doors...

Refitted the drilled bolt that will hold the non-lock end of the door release cable

Fed cable through the hole in the bolt and fastened with a U-clamp and also a trick my father showed me years ago to cover stray cable ends that also adds extra strength, by using the innards of an electrical choka-blok! Works and looks lovely

I forgot to get a pic of the catch end, but the cable was trimmed to sit just below mid-way

Then to tidy up the 'look' I had intended to fit recessed alloy boxes in the same style as the Countach door recesses, but after a day of faffing I couldn't get it looking quite right, so it's KISS for now and a quick lick of black paint was applied inside the door with the new cable tied up out of the way

And with the Alloy panel fitted it looks just the job! It also gives me another thing to add to my "improve over time" list

You can see on this pic two rows of rivets above and below the recess opening. They are securing 2 lengths of L-Section alloy to strengthen the panel and to also act as mounting point for the internal door boxes if/when I get around to them.

And with the doors shut I'm very happy with the look, and the cable releases work remarkably well!

So from the outside with the mesh fitted behind the side vents everything is just about finished, apart from fitting the headlight trims (after I've adjusted them), _LOTS_ of polishing and adjusting the height of the shocks.

This pic shows up the current front/rear wheel arch height difference really well, but I don't want to lower the rear any more as I have memories of tyre scrub on the rear wheelarches in my Spyder in the back of my mind... So for now i'll see what I can achieve by raising the front

Last edited by davecymru; 17th March 2015 at 20:02..