View Single Post
Old 30th September 2017, 17:46

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Saturday Scraps
In between family stuff and showers, I had less than an hour to work on the car today.

At least that was enough time to at least make a start on flatting back the areas where I had touched up the BRG.

So lots of areas went from shiny…

Back to dull...

Leaving the car looking like this overall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diminishing Returns
It will be the 1st of October tomorrow and I first starting prepping the car for paint on the 7th May.

Although it wasn't unit the wheels were removed on the 12th June that I could no longer drive the car (on my driveway).

But whichever way you count it, I have still spent months getting the car painted and this ties back to what I wrote a few days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
As the harsh reality is the chances of me getting a long dry day will keep on reducing the longer I take to finish.

So I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and I think tomorrow is gong to be it.

After that, if I have any more problems with the paint, I will just have to wait until the Spring to fix them.

As I really need to get this car back on the road now before I start running out of daylight as well as dry weather.
So even though I spotted a few small, OK, tiny, blemishes in the paint earlier today, they are staying are they are now.

Instead I will continue to flat back using higher grade paper before the final cut and polish and that will be it.

Even if the car isn't 100% perfect, it will still look miles better in green and yellow compared to the grey primer.

So my mind is made up and I now just need the weather to cut me some slack so I can get on with it.

Cheers, Paul.