View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 07:53

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T & Scottie - Thanks chaps.

But just to ensure there is no confusion, the MOT is likely to be in August at the earliest, with September still being a good result.

As I know that the last few jobs will be time consuming, but it still feels like great progress when I have the MOT as my target.

With a bit of luck, the grille will be fixed into position later on today ( ) and that will be another job ticked off the list.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Early Wednesday:
I've got to pick my mum up later on this morning, so I've already spent ages tidying away all my tools & parts.

I did manage to sneak in a couple of "quiet" jobs in the Summer House while I was storing stuff in there.

First was fitting the Triumph logos the previous owner had bought for the wheel centres.

Note: To avoid any accidental damage, I will only fit these on the day of the MOT.

I've also decided to use my original perspex template for the rear view mirror wind deflector.
( Note: It is not marked/scratched, that is a reflection of the light coming through the trees above. )

I do have a "fresh" section of perspex I was planning to use, but I should test this original in action first.

That way, if the design needs changing, I can incorporate that in a MkII version post MOT.

So I just needed to round off the cut edges with a mixture of hand files and sand paper.
( Not easy to get any decent photos. )

Before:

After:

That's all for now, but I hope to get more done later on today.

Cheers, Paul.