View Single Post
Old 19th November 2017, 15:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road
Default A Triumph Swordfish 1500 - On The Road

[Mark Evans] Hello my car building chums and welcome to A Triumph Swordfish 1500 - On The Road. [/Pete Mate]

Well, I figured I might as well start this new thread off with the same old joke that started my original build thread.

Technically, my car first became road legal on 31st August 2016, but it was still in primer at this stage.

This certainly didn't stop me enjoying over 8 months of driving the car around and racking up 1,000+ shakedown miles before paint.

Traditionally, painting the car is part of the build, so I didn't want to start an 'On The Road' thread until the car was painted.

On the 18th November 2017, the car passed its second MOT (the first MOT expired during the painting process).

But it then proceeded to rain for the rest of the day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday Morning
I've decided to leave the paint finish as it is for now, but I may try to polish it properly at some point in the future.

It was pretty cold on my driveway this morning as I was experimenting with layout options for my 'sponsor' stickers.

The good news is that I quickly realised that 'less was more' and only used the TAG & Shell ones.

Unfortunately, putting on the racing numbers turned into a complete nightmare of a job.

My first attempts on the passenger side just would not lay flat along the bottom edge.

Thankfully, I ordered four roundels, but no longer plan to fit any front & back, so I had a spare.

The spare went on much better when I moved it up the side of the cockpit a little and I thought it looked great.

But whatever I tried on the driver's side failed miserably and I ended up ruining all the remaining roundels.

At least you will now be able to judge for yourself if you think the car looks better with, or without, the numbers.

End of Part 1…
Available from eBay