View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:00

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

I think you are being very hard on yourself thinking this is just a car build, even if your girls haven't been that hands on helping you, I bet you they are proud and tell their friends about it, look back at your first few pages an unsure accountant that road and raced motorbikes venturing tentatively to a car build and second guessing each new task, roll forward 50 pages to a chap that got a bit bored one day and cut his body shell into several pieces in the rain probably, your posts of experience and advice on other people's threads are also usually the most helpful plus your outlook on your family life will no doubt of helped and rubbed off on many people reading, as an outsider I'd wager your sabbatical had given your daughters a tremendous amount of life experience not to mention broadened their perceived skill set, plus if you had of been working you'd of missed out on a boat load of ironing and still spent all the money you earned, your next sabbatical sell up in London buy a £80k farmhouse in France and work one month a year.
If you want to organise a working party weekend on your build I'd try my hardest to be there, after exam month that is, she has 17 left to take. I just hope you like your car once its done :-) ed.