View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:53

TynoPrime is on a distinguished road

I then masked up the engine to ensure it wouldn't get covered in paint! And painted out the engine bay.

At work, I have access to a full spray booth, with a good turbine compressor with two large tanks, anti oil, anti water, good Sata projet spray guns, etc etc.

Well I'm not at work... I'm at home. I don't have any of that equipment nor do I have the room in my garage for a compressor - it's tight as it is!

So I had to improvise...

So I bought myself a little HVLP - It's basically a hoover in reverse to provide air - I got the "best one" I could on a budget - managed to get this one for £40 from CPC. It came with three tips, a 1.0, 2.0 and 2.5. It's a 1200w motor that produces 1100L/min of air, which is actually technically enough for a gravity gun... But again wanting to keep costs down I thought I'd try the gun it came with.

I tried it out with the 1.0 and it actually sprayed surprisingly well - shockingly well in fact. It did however let out a little too much paint, as even on the "lowest" setting of the trigger it opened the needle quite a bit. So I screwed a screw into the back adjustment nob - which means I can now go from no paint coming out at all, to as much as I need.

A little video of it spraying;

https://youtu.be/AQGxQRE0NMw