View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:35

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
Not too sure who owns pistonheads but they did not like my thread on the Dino 246, under the kit car section. I was trying to get some ideas for possible different running gear setups. I was starting to get a good thread going on possible Audi or Alfa running gear but they have banned me for the third time. I have therefore reverted back to the better website hence I will put this question out to all on here.
I am not really into modern cars so do not know too much about the Audis but I do like the possible idea of using the Audi engine and box. Has anyone got any experience of using the V6 or V8 in a mid engine kit car ?
If they have then I would be interested in some dimensions ie overall length, length from driveshafts to front of engine etc etc and what models of Audi can be used etc etc.
It would be great to get some input here.

PS I still prefer Ferrari running gear but I guess not everyone would want to go this route.
I have just about finished the 246 GT ready for the customer to continue with so I am aiming at building a 246 GTS next hopefully based on the modified Mondial 3.2QV chassis and running gear. After this I will be looking at alternative running gear solutions so there is plenty of time for everyone to come up with lots of ideas.
Hi Mark
I caught an old episode of top gear last night and they had on one of gerry hawkridge's hf stratos replicas. AS you know the original stratos had a ferrari dino engine and I think gearbox from the 246. His chosen engine for his stratos replicca is the 3lt v6 from the alfa so it must fit the dino with little modification. As to running gear how about audi?
Ian