View Single Post
Old 11th June 2017, 11:09

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I bought some brand new old stock chrome wire wheels that were sold as Jaguar but turned out to be BMW. They are laced differently, they are laced more in the centre so look more like the Borrani style. Problem is that they stick out about 1 1/2 inches further which gives the car a bit more aggresive appearance which I'm not so keen on, so the originals are going back on.
f2 by jaguartvr, on Flickr

f1 by jaguartvr, on FlickrSo if anyone is looking for a set of brand new (except for one trip to Southampton and back) set of chrome wire wheels you know who to ask. Now sold.

Car still has to be flat and polished and the panel gaps adjusted.
The indicators on the rear are brake lights with amber covers, this gives you a double brake light bulb, normal filament is used as the indicator and the "brake" element is used for the reversing lights. I have attached 2 LED high intensity brake light bulbs to the inside of one of the rear reflectors, all wired together and this will act as the rear fog light, still have to wire them up but don't see why it won't work.
I was still bolting things on as I left for the BBQ so still quite a few bits to finish.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 22nd July 2017 at 16:10..