View Single Post
Old 4th November 2018, 19:57

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lucky - As long as there is no rain (or snow) I will do my best to keep driving.

I must try to get a photo of my car next to a Z3 for scale/reference.

After all, it is pretty low compared to an original Fiat 500.

Friday
The car was still very sluggish when it came to starting, but fired up on the 3rd attempt.

Sneaked in around 17 miles and it was pretty cold out, so just one quick stop for photos.

When I got back, I left the car on the road, so I could check the oil when the engine had cooled down.

I actually thought I took a photo of the bonnet open, but the camera seems to have different ideas.

My MOT is due in a few weeks, but after that, I will try to book the car in to get the oil burning/leaking fixed once and for all.

Saturday
After a hearing test in the morning, I made sure I had my ear plugs in for a longer drive than usual later on.

The good news was that the car fired up at the first attempt, but it was noticeably milder than yesterday.

A quick blast up the M1 reminded me that these ear plugs are a good idea with all the wind noise.

Unfortunately, by the time I passed the Luton Airport exit, it had got much colder and looked like rain.

So I decided to turn back at that point and take the scenic route home.

Stopped at Dunstable Downs, near Whipsnade Zoo, for these photos.

Had a great chat about the car with a guy who hobbled over on crutches as his foot was in a cast.

Given the effort he made to ask what it was, it seemed only fair to talk him through it.

Note: I've never been able to find a parking space here on nice sunny days, just dull and grey ones.

This was the last time I found somewhere to park.

In the end, I racked up almost 70 miles, with one stop for a coffee to warm up a bit.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 5th November 2018 at 08:21.. Reason: Typo