View Single Post
Old 15th March 2012, 10:08

Inspace is on a distinguished road

I for one am sorry you feel this way John and my reasons are that if someone see's the advert for a car builder offering to build them a roadworthy replica then they have an unpleasant experience with this company finding themselves severely out of pocket would you not feel better having stopped this?
Since your last request to not mention the company and so on I have not. By all means remove what you feel is over the line but don't dictate what can and can't be said or a forum is actually no longer of any use. Any company has the same right of reply, They have the same right to take action legally against an individual if they can prove that comments made are false.
I feel your site does a good job of connecting kit car enthusiasts and hugely benefits them for information. I have had numerous thankyou from other users for the warming's saying they were glad this forum existed.
If a companies behaviour is such that a warning to may be advised then surely to suppress this information is not in the interest of your subscribers who are interested in these cars! Who may otherwise trust what seems to be a legitimate builder with there money. You will find the thread to my input has been to research your product, company and builder prior to taking the leap and parting with cash. If one of your members is out of line the deal with them individually but don't sacrifice helping others for the mistakes of one individual.
You showed an interest in the Gullwing SL, how would you react if you had paid a large deposit and received nothing? Would you now be more cautious before investing due to the input of this forum?
I have been interested in the building and driving of cars since I was a boy and I find that the problem with the industry is there is a large void between amateur and professional behaviour and with the internet this void can be reduced but not if the information is to be doctored by individual opinion.
I will hopefully still enjoy being a member of your site and enjoy the benefits as well as contribute. Perhaps there should be a warning forum to avoid certain pitfalls of the industry if it can't be voiced within other forums.
Respectfully ....