View Single Post
Old 28th January 2017, 06:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Swifty - I think your heater is the next size up from mine and sounds like a better bet.

As when I checked the website where I bought my heater yesterday…

Mine is now recommended for de-misting windscreens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paul_N - Spooky!

I don't tend to reply to many build threads on Rods 'n' Sods, but I do like reading them.
( As I am always amazed by the high standard of fabrication work that is on display there. )

So I have actually been following your build with interest without realising it.

Especially, as it reminded me a bit of Medusa, which is one of my all time favourites.

By chance, I was actually thinking about posting a reply regarding your radiator question the other day.

As I was going to reference Mister Towed's experience of switching to a smaller, modern, radiator on his build.

In the end, he had to replace it with a new 'old fashioned' one, as it had better cooling properties.

You will find more details of his experience starting here:
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...t=4482&page=21

Good luck with your build, it should be amazing when finished.

Deggsy - The funny thing is that I still have the original Spitfire heater in a box somewhere.
( Along with a few other bits that I must get around to finally selling on Ebay one of these days. )

The original build plan for the front end of this car was a metal framework and fibreglass bulkhead.

So, in the absence of a standard bulkhead, I wanted to fit a smaller heater instead.
( This was more for helping keep the engine cool if stuck in traffic on hot days. )

My heater's dimensions are the same as this box I made to compare it to the original Spitfire one.

In the end, I recycled an old Spitfire bulkhead for my Frankenstein build approach.

By which time, I was convinced the micro heater was going to be OK, so didn't even consider refitting the original.

Hopefully, when I finally get around to sorting out the low engine temperature reading, the car heater will be fine.

Friday Night
No car news, but we went on a family trip to see The Lion King last night and was a great show.

With a bit of luck I will be able to get out for a short drive this weekend if the weather holds.

Cheers, Paul.