Thread: DVLA Question
View Single Post
Old 20th November 2016, 12:00

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deni View Post
I looked at Sammios but the Miglia seemed to be a bit easier as I have never done anything like this before. Also, I don't have any experience with the mechanical side of things, so probably I am the least experienced kit car builder ever! But I would like to give it a go so we shall see...
Deni
Deni , When it comes to building kit cars , the single donor approach is by far the easiest route to take , so you are doing the right thing for a starter project ...There is no shortage of advice on these forums , we are a decent bunch , mostly , and always happy to help ...

I will say , that having experience of both S*mmio's and Miglia's ..You may find the S*mmio the easier one to build . The body goes straight on ..kind of , , no moving of bulkhead , pedals , re-plumbing , steering extension or gearstick extension ...Tribute only supply bodies and frames at present , I believe , not the gearstick mods that you require or a steering solution for the Miglia.

There is plenty of discussion on here of body corrections required to fit a S*mmio nicely , but trust me , as I am currently cutting up a Miglia and straightening it out , they are no better ..they are shiney , but not any straighter ..both bodies require a lot of work if you are ruled by the tape measure ...
Having said that , I have built several without major mods and some of the finest examples on here only have minimal corrections .....

I second the comment about starting a build thread ..we all like pictures !!