Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2015, 17:15

morris is on a distinguished road

It seems you are spot on Mike. Having left it two weeks and hearing nothing I thought I'd give DVLA a call. I was pleasantly surprised that the phone was answered within a few seconds (to the wrong person of course who then put me through to the "right" person). After going on hold a few times and filling in the blanks of my details I was told that no case had currently be raised against my details but that it normally takes 4-6 weeks for the kit conversion dept to process applications. I'm pretty sure that the "kit conversion" department is probably one person who only works Mondays and Wednesdays and is surrounded by a pile of unopened envelopes.

I explained that I didn't mind the time to process but was put out that I hadn't even received an acknowledgement to put my mind at rest that my driving licence and far more valuable IVA certificate had not been lost in the post. The fact that the very first question I was asked before my name etc. was whether I had proof of posting, did little to assuage my fears. Apparently there is no direct line to the right department and the contact centre are not able to chase applications, but they are the right people to call if I have any questions. They just won't be able to answer them.

I had a quick look at the DVLA complaints process to see if I could at least get confirmation of receipt that way but they promise a response within 2 weeks. May as well wait in that case.