View Single Post
Old 19th January 2014, 17:50

Drsquashdavid is on a distinguished road
Default Alfa engine in Deon Mirabeau

Hi Ross
Really good to hear from you. Been on my list to reply. As you may guess I am a forum novice, ( and slowly learning from a low starting point - cars)
I can't load photos from i- pad onto forum. Guide me if you can and I will post.

Regarding the engine:
I have. " mule" engine in- situ, had to modify mounts and brace struts. Seems ( hopefully) right height in bay. Was from a 156. , driveshafts and CV ok,had to shorted near side driveshaft only - by 35 mm. Yes you right in I have used 166 hubs for 5x108 PCD. Splines same 156 and 166. Still using original Lancia uprights, had to lathe a bevel inner CV to fit inside. Machined spacers around bearings. Only just got some bits done so should try first assembly during next month.
I have bought a 166 with 42 k miles I am running for a couple of months. All my measurements for the 2.5 V6 of 156 and 166 suggest they the same. I want to put in an engine I have run and tested.

I am going to post other bits on suspension, wheels (5 stud conversion), chassis footwell widening under separate threads.

Keep in touch and an update on yours please
Best wishes
David