View Single Post
Old 24th September 2014, 20:25
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I sent my MS43 ECU and engine harness, and he says he will drop his M54B30 into an E30 chassis just to act as a support frame, pipe fuel from a gerry can, and stand a battery along side. He will have to add an EWS, key and antenna, so will use his own matched ECU and will run it with fly by wire, operating on the standard BMW MS43 ECU tune running Dual Variable Vanos and DISA.
IF this works as suggested I will simply collect the complete and matched ECU, EWS, key, antenna and loom as a plug'n'play kit.

I know Timbo is watching this with interest as this guy is equally confident he can run the M52TUB28 in exactlythe same way.
Ah, so not really a 'EWS delete' service, more a transplant of a matched set of DME, EWS and key. Which is what Tim(bo) did in his installation in his Sportster.
Not sure if you were following all the discussion at the time but Tim could run and drive his car fine but after about 50 starts the DME decides to lockout the EWS start function. I came up with a theory that adding an Instrument binnacle would possibly fool the DME it was in a complete car. Tim tried it out but it didn't solve the problem so he had to resort to buying new matched sets of DME, EWS and keys.

I suggest you have a chat your guy about this issue to see if has a way of bypassing this issues. Hopefully he is aware and has a solution.

...peter

But then after a bit of googling I found this company.....
http://www.rmsonlinestore.com/BMW-Un...-Bypass_c7.htm
but check out those prices!!

Last edited by peterux; 24th September 2014 at 21:37.. Reason: extra googling!