View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:10
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post

It has also raised a concern that I need an ABS delete for my MS41 ECU to stop it running in 'safe mode'?

Is there anyone on here that is running an MS41 ECU without an ABS delete?

....peter
A quick update to share here a few things I have learnt from the guy on ebay that is offering EWS delete on MS41.0 DME's (single VANOS M52 engines).

Some versions of MS41.0 are what he calls OTP (one time programmable) and these cannot be reprogrammed with the EWS deleted and/or ABS limiter delete fixed. This is what was fitted to my donor car. He also tells me that not all of these DME's had the ABS 'safe mode' limit so other builders who transplanted their EWS and key may not have experienced any issue with the missing ABS signal. I can run my engine with the ABS disconnected without any effect on the max. rpm.
I sourced another MS41.0 DME that can be re-programmed and he has confirmed that the one I bought does have the ABS signal requirement.
This DME is currently with him for a EWS delete and ABS signal fix.
I plan to test this in my car before I remove the engine so that I am sure it will run when re-installed in the Sabre.

The 'proof of the pudding' will be to run the car without the EWS module installed or the ABS connected.