View Single Post
Old 4th June 2017, 12:41

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jag - First of all, thanks for such a detailed response, I really appreciate it.

Good point about the dirt sticking to the Tetroseal, as that has happened to the rear wheel arches and underside of the car.

I am also a fan of using old milk cartons for fibreglass work.

I'm planning to remove the bonnet so I can paint both sides of it under a tent in my back garden.

So that will give me a bit more time to make a final decision on what to do with the underside of the bonnet.

Part of me is actually considering just painting it BRG and leaving all the build battle scars on show.

Especially as the inside of the bonnet will never be on show when I'm driving around.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday Morning Pick Me Up:
I did manage to grab a few more hours sleep this morning after my first post of the day.

However, I still felt rubbish as I was drawing up my "To Do" list for the day.

So by the time I had taken the covers off, I decided on a complete change of plan…

And ended up putting the first coat of high build primer on the areas I had finished working on.

I left the rear edge of the bonnet alone, as I still need to drill some holes for the bonnet locks.
( Plus the scuttle area needs all the pin holes filled. )

It may not look it in the photo, but the driver's side cockpit is much straighter now that it was before.

I also did the headlight rims.

Whilst I am definitely getting better at brushing paint on, I still made a mess of a few areas.

Thankfully, I know I can sand the runs out and I will be applying a second coat of this primer at some point.

But I will wait until the rest of the car has 'caught up' in terms of prep, so that the second coat is applied to the whole car in one go.

Hopefully I will be able to get a bit more done after lunch.

Cheers, Paul.