Thread: New Builder
View Single Post
Old 4th June 2012, 20:23

Nick59 is on a distinguished road
Default Body trial fitting

Ho Hum.....having watched others doing their cuting and shutting...its now my turn.......here is a little picture montage of where I am at....currently scratching my head as to whether I am just about there, or whether to cut and shut abit?

Didn`t think it looked too bad...but not sure on a couple of things......

Not sure I can do anything about this? I measured the centre of suspension to bulkhead and they are parallel....strangely one wheel is tighter to the bulkhead than the other and you will note the bottom cill projects further one side than tother....The tub is tight back against the frame member (note G clamp.
On the inside the frame is about 6mm from the tub lip whilst the other is about 50mm? The front trays has about 80mm gap behind..... so I am thinking it might be a bit high although I have cut the corners off the frame and the centre tub sits down tight on the bulkhead......So whilst the rear wheels sit in the same position both sides I would have liked to set the body further back to centralize a bit better? can`t do this as the tub is tight against the hump frame rail. Cills tuck under chassis on passenger side and "most" of drivers side although I might have a further tweak as its not tucking under at the front?
Something is out on the suspension chassis although the frame was a bloody good fit with little to alter.

Like the look of the wheel line in the arches.....just need to weld some knives onto the spinners

Comments greatly appreciated....as this bit has me most worried about whether I am on track?

l