View Single Post
Old 31st January 2021, 18:58

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur, Mr T & Deni - Thanks for the Christmas wishes gents and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SORN
Yesterday I officially declared my car off the road as the MOT had expired and the tax runs out today.

Unfortunately, the harsh reality is I just do not have the time to fix the front indicator problem.
(Even if it is a simple earthing fix.)

Also, with Lockdown restrictions in place, I have no interest in driving it.

As no journey in a car that looks like mine is going to appear to be essential, even if it is.

So here is a quick round up of recent events…

The pavement and cross over driveway have been completed.

In the run up to Christmas, I tried to at least re-fit the indictor and the cover broke.

So, I left all the bits on the passenger seat, ordered a replacement and packed my tools away.

When I did get a chance to re-start the car in January, the battery was as flat as a pancake (again).

But after recharging it, the engine fired up and I could drive the car back and forth a few feet.

This was the scene the very next day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Working From Home
I've now spent over 10 months WFH in my 'office' in the loft.

Don't get me wrong, I know front line NHS workers, and others, do real hard work.

Plus many people are not working at all due to Covid, so in many respects I am lucky.

But I have racked up 194.5 work hours in this small space in January 2021 alone.
(Ignoring the time I spend here reading Internet Forums. )

So, I have been trying hard to do some exercise to compensate for all the sitting down.

The good news is that my fitness is returning and my weight is reducing.

The bad news is there are simply not enough hours in the day to do all I want to.

I know things will improve 'one day' and I look forward to driving my car again then.

Take care, Paul.

PS
Will try again to reply to other build threads at some point.