Thread: Denmark A352
View Single Post
Old 4th October 2016, 15:33

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Still fighting the tonneau cover ....

The complex curves of the bodyshell are quite challenging when it comes to making a tonneau look fitted rather than 'screwed on'

Chris supplied me a nice bit of fibreglass that had the double curve thing going on but it still needed work to fit ...

I cut a piece roughly to shape and fixed some 2'' flatstrip around the cockpit perimeter and put the tonneau in place ...by opening the pass. door I could reach in and tag the pieces together with small strips , just enough to hold it all together ....I then removed it and fully glassed it ....lots of gapping up and tweaking later and it is starting to take shape ....

The tonneau is held in place with a pin through a bracket on the bottom of the centre bar and a small ally bracket on the rear , just behind the pass. door , which will be rivetted in place eventually and screwed to the body using a rubber thread sert fixing .. Another fitting will be near the dash but I'm not doing that until I tackle the screen and mirror fixings ...

Lots more filling to do to get it nice ... I might talk to Chris about allowing me to take a mould from it so that I can produce a lighter version for the final fit ..